A System Node Describes:
• The slice of a hardware / software configuration that is providing information, automating an action or being used by a person.
• The combination of hardware, software, client and server that is providing information, automating an action or being used by a person.
• Both IT and non-IT ‘systems’. For example, a Filing Cabinet storing paper records.
• “How would the User describe the System?”
• “Am I going into too much detail?”
• Is the System relevant to the Information Supply Chain?
Don’t be Distracted By:
• Trying to describe the system detail – Enterprise Architect is a more appropriate tool if you need to do this.
• The transactional level of detail – think Information Flow